Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water) for SIX hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking/vaping for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult over the age of 18 with a valid drivers license MUST accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If the patient is a minor, a PARENT must accompany the child.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a fever, cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Johnson prior to your surgical date for instructions on taking these medications.